Monday, January 27, 2014

The Incomparable Beauty

"When you like a girl, go talk to her"

Haha

I personally laugh at this phrase. I have no idea why I do, but I do. My awkward self just likes to come around whenever there is a girl I want to talk to. I find no difficulty in talking to a female. If there is a hint of likability in that situation, I sort of crumble within my inner me, the safe me, the "not-so-risky" me.

Why is that I always ask myself. I am not good-looking. My personality would prevent her from even talking to me. I am not the bodybuilding, douchebag, uneducated type that all the girls nowadays tend to go out with. Excuse my french. No offense intended.

Those were the arguments I used to inflict upon myself to try and soothe it out. But the fact remains, a connection has to occur. It has to take place. But how?

There are several methods of personal communication in my view, internet and social media notwithstanding. 

1-Spoken words: Read the first paragraph. I rest my case. Not for me.

2-Touch: If I touched a girl in public, it would be greatly misunderstood. Harassment, sexual overtones, the likes. Besides, I am not blind. Again, no offense.

3-The Eyes: my personal favorite. Perhaps the only one after what I just said.

Now, your eyes can be tricky. If you use it the right way, what ensues can be one of the most enduring relationships the world has ever witnessed. In other words, the spark that ignites the love, or the beginning of something great. It can, however, be mishandled. An overused wink can get you into jail in some countries you know.

I used it sanely if I may say so. In one, unforgettable, regrettable time.

There was this girl who used to go to the same university I went to. Me and my friends used to hang out in a spot right in the middle of the campus, which made me oversee what was going on firsthand. We were talking about politics, girls, our lecturers, making fun of each other's lives. Your typical Egyptians.

I will not say that I was struck by lightning or I was blinded by the light emitting from her. But my eyes laid upon a beauty, something transcended. The black hair with the black eyes and that attractive walk. She was alone. She looked at me with questions in her head. Why is he looking at me? The questioning began to evolve into curiosity. She wanted the attention, but not in a bad way. For an instance there, she felt me.

I kept staring at her with all my energy. I did not want any disconnection. I wanted it to continue for as ever as it may. Then it happened. She gave me that effortless smile. That welcoming ticket into her world. "Yes, I am interested". She then went on her way.

The next couple of months I was certainly mesmerized. It was my last semester in the university. I had to take an action. We had to make a spoken connection, a "worldly" one. I used to go upwards and downwards looking for her, when I find her, my mouth is glued. It is like I am a baby watching from faraway. So I kept watching her until something else comes up.

Until I graduated.

What I want to say is that the phrase I wrote in the header is probably right in its own meaning. A conversation has to be initiated in order to have a healthy relationship with any human being. 
To me, eyes are like a chain of keys. They have the alluring power of possession, but they are of no use when you do not know which door they open. I advise you that if there is a girl you like, go talk to her. Even if I do not abide by my own prescription. 

I never saw her again after the college days. But I do know that she thinks of me, even for a split second. She remembers me not for my "Brad Pitt" looks. But for that certain moment we both shared and expressed.









No comments:

Post a Comment